Since we really wanted to put on the oven, we chose some Chicken Tikka Samosas from Trader Joe’s for $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
Thin cut pork chops with apple bacon slaw is becoming a cliche, although tonight’s slaw was based on a “cruciferous crunch” mix with the apple and bacon. The salad made four serves.
- The pork chops were $11.24 for 12oz or $5.62 per serve
- Four slices of bacon are $2.74 or 68c per serve
- The cruciferous crunch was $2.29 or 57c per serve
- The Envy apple was 69c or 18c per serve
- Add 20c for apple cider vinegar and seasoning.
Dinner tonight was a great meal for $7.25 per serve. The pork chop was perfectly medium rare, and the salad had a great balance of acid, crunch, sweetness, salt and fat!