With egg salad purchased before our trip in the refrigerator, we decided to – once again – do egg salad in a par baked panini rustic roll, with spicy sprouts.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 92c per serve
- The nanoshoots cost $2.50 and we shared about ¼ or 31c per serve.
We enjoyed this roll a lot for $1.86 per serve.
After the travel and convenience meal, it was time to try something new, which turned out to be an adaption of a Creamy Chicken Chili to a Creamy Ground Pork Chili.
The recipe makes six serves.
- The pork came from our Keller Crafted Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $1.39 per serve
- The chicken broth was $1.99, or 33c per serve
- For the corn we used Trader Joes Fire Roasted frozen corn to get grill flavor, which cost $2.49 for a pound, and we used half a packet, 21c per serve
- A can of “store beans” was $1.00, and we used two, or 33c per serve
- Butter is $2.99 for 8 ounces, and we used 6 or 19c per serve
- Add 25c for onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper
- Add 40c per serve for seasonings and flour.
While a strange Chili it was pretty darn good for $3.10 per serve.