We’d been craving a Bahn Mi all week, so we finally got it today for $8.95 per serve with tax & tip.
Tonight’s dinner made three very generous serves of the Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork. The third was eaten as a snack! We added bean sprouts for a wet crunch
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.77 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric’
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 63c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 17c per serve
- Brown rice is 33c per serve
- Bean sprouts were $1.49 but we used only 1/3 or 25c per serve.
Dinner tonight had a good level of heat offset by the coconut. The bok choy provided a nice textural alternative to the pork and rice. A decent meal for $4.60 per serve