For lunch we used some leftover stir fry beef, which we augmented with some canned mushrooms.
- We had a half serve left that we shared, or $1.35 per serve
- The canned mushroom were 50c or 25c per serve
- The rustic panini roll is 63c per serve.
It was an enjoyable, if messy, roll for $2.23 per serve.
Being “meatless Monday” Foodie Greg found a Roast Eggplant with Pomegranate and Yogurt recipe. We are generally fans of roast or grilled eggplant and anything with pomegranate seeds, so we had high expectations for this dish.
- The eggplant was 80c at Jon’s or 40c per serve
- Mint was 89c but we used only half, or 22c per serve
- The pomegranate was $2.85 but we only used half, or 71c per serve
- The yoghurt was $1.99 and we used ¼ or 25c per serve
- Add 50c for tahini and other ingredients.
We were not disappointed. The eggplant became custardy (although the skin provided some fiber) and the balance of sweet tahini, slightly tart yoghurt and some apple cider vinegar was very good. The pomegranate added a tart overlay. A most enjoyable meal for $2.08 per serve.