For lunch we each had a Smoked Trout and Avocado toasted sandwich.
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can or $1.75 per serve
- Sprouted Rye bread is 32c per serve
- Two avocados were $1.98 but we shared one, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for butter.
A good sandwich for $2.87 per serve.
Since it’s “Fishy Friday” we had Mussels in a Coconut Red Curry. We bought a packet of pre-cooked mussels from our local Ralph’s (Kroger). These are obviously a “packaged for retail” version of a food service product. We made half the recipe.
- The mussels were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The bell pepper was $1.02 or 51c per serve
- Coconut milk was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- Three shallots were 99c and we shared one, or 17c per serve
- Add 55c per serve for fish sauce, garlic, ginger and seasoning
- A rustic panini roll was 63c.
We both enjoyed this meal a lot. Quite simple with a lot of warming spices that didn’t dominate the mussels. A tasty and enjoyable meal for $4.01 per serve.