Today it was toasted sandwiches: turkey breast with sun dried tomato spread and Swiss; Giant Baked Beans and Swiss.
- The turkey is $3.49 and we shared ⅓ or 58c per serve
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 per can and we shared ⅓ or 33c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 40c for butter, garlic spread, and sun dried tomato spread.
Toasted baked beans with melted cheese is particularly good. A pair of decent sandwiches for $1.97 per serve.
Because we have ground pork in every Keller Crafted meat box, we return to the same recipes to use it. Because we served with rice, we’ll get six serves from this recipe.
- The ground pork came from our Keller Crafted meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.99 or $1.50 per serve
- A can of coconut milk is $1.49 or 25c per serve
- Two packs of mushrooms were 89c each, or 30c per serve
- Chicken bone broth is $3.49 or 58c per serve
- Lemon grass was 12c or 2c per serve
- Limes were 49c or 8c per serve
- Add 5c per serve for the pepper on top
- Add 25c for seasonings
- Brown rice adds 33c per serve.
Dinner tonight might not look pretty but it tasted good for $3.36 per serve.