For lunch we stuffed a heated panini roll with egg salad and watercress.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 92c per serve
- The watercress cost $1.96 and we shared about 1/8 or 13c per serve.
We enjoyed this roll a lot for $1.68 per serve.
For “Fishy Friday” this week we seared and baked skin on salmon and served with a piccata sauce, steamed asparagus and a little black rice.
- The salmon fillets were $10.31 or $5.16 per serve
- Asparagus was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Black rice is normally 44c but we were almost out, so 14c per serve
- Add 40c for Rose, lemon and capers.
We thought we had over-cooked the asparagus until we tasted it and realized that extra little cook time had really enhanced the asparagus flavor. The salmon skin didn’t crisp as much as we would have liked because of the non-stick pan, but was perfectly cooked and the piccata sauce worked well with both salmon and asparagus. A very tasty and enjoyable meal for $6.70 per serve.