Back to toasted sandwiches: Smoked Tuna and Swiss, Baked Beans and Swiss.
- The tuna pouch was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Sprouted rye bread is 32c per serve
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 per can and we shared ⅓ or 33c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter and garlic spread.
Decent sandwiches for $2.19 per serve.
It’s been a long time since we’ve had Jambalaya – either at home or out – and this recipe avoids the “stuck to the bottom” problem a lot of jambalaya suffers from, by cooking in the oven.
We dropped the chicken and we made a half batch, which makes four serves. We put the shrimp in only for the final 15 minute rest and they were perfectly cooked.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $6.99, or $1.75 per serve
- We can now get real pork andouille sausage from our local Ralph’s supermarket for $6.99 or $1.75 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Bell pepper was $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 35c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve.
A satisfying, meal with perfectly cooked shrimp for $4.98 per serve.