The Foodies were on a trip to buy plants so on the way through Moorpark stopped in at Cafe Firenze, which is high end Italian. Foodie Philip had the Truffle Gnocchi with Sausage, while Foodie Greg had the Baked Eggplant in Marinara Sauce. Not only is this restaurant very reasonably priced for quality and experience, but you save from Ventura County’s lower sales tax.
With tax and tip lunch averaged $20.09 per serve.
After such a generously portioned lunch we wanted something lighter for dinner so we opted for Smoked Trout Dip on Tostados.
- The smoked trout is $3.49 per can or $1.75 per serve
- The avocado was $1.39 but we shared one, or 70c per serve
- We used Garlic Spread/Dip instead of mayo for 20c per serve
- The endive was 96c or 48c per serve
- Add 30c for spring onion and seasoning.
These were good, without being outstanding, for $3.43 per serve.