We opted for a repeat of the Egg Salad Panini Roll with Watercress.
- The panini roll is 63c per serve
- The egg salad is $3.69 for 10 oz and we used 2 oz per serve, or 92c per serve
- The watercress cost $1.99 and we shared about 1/8 or 12c per serve.
We enjoyed this roll a lot for $1.67 per serve.
With two 1 lb packs of dry aged ground beef in our Keller Crafted meat box this month (and pretty much every month), we returned to an old favorite: Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf. We served with Cauliflower Gnocchi in Blue Cheese Sauce
The secret to success with this meatloaf recipe is to finely dice the onion and mushroom so they don’t break the structural integrity of the meatloaf, so this time we chopped the mushroom in the food processor. It improved the overall texture, but we found it a little uniform, so we’ll probably chop the mushroom next time.
- The beef was $10.43 per pound and we used two, but served only half the meatloaf, or $5.21 per serve
- Portobello mushrooms were $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.02 or 26c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or 67c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles were $3.49 and we used half or 44c per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only ¼ or 21c per serve
- Organic frozen peas were $1.99 per pack or 25c per serve
- Add 15c for other ingredients. .
The meatloaf was excellent as always and the gnocchi very filling. A flavorful and satisfying meal for $8.77 per serve.