Today’s erratic schedule had us eating apart, and Foodie Philip had half a container of Trader Joe’s Curry Chicken Salad for $2.25.
While this is a new recipe for us, what could be bad about a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado Salad? After all a BLT is a favorite sandwich.
- Bacon is $4.99 for ten pieces and we used four, or $1.00 per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared three, or $1.05 per serve
- The Lettuce mix was $1.99 and we used ⅔ or 33c per serve
- The Avocado was $1.59 or 80c per serve
- Add 40c for Balsamic Vinegar and Oil for the dressing.
We cooked the bacon closer to “American” crisp than we’d normally go, but definitely enough to crumble. The texture difference was important and elevated the salad. For $3.58 per serve, we’ll do this again.