For lunch the Foodies returned to toasted sandwiches: Sweet & Spicy Tuna, Capers & Swiss, Smoked Turkey Breast, Kumato & Swiss.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Sweet & Spicy Tuna is 50c per serve
- The Smoked Turkey is $3.49 for 10 slices, & we used two, or 35c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve
- Add 30c for butter, capers and garlic spread.
On a cool day toasted sandwiches are a delight, for $2.15 per serve.
Having picked up some fresh Pork Chorizo Sausages from Whole Foods we decided to cook them in a Sausage and Bean Casserole that will give us four serves.
- The Pork Chorizo Sausages were $11.32 or $2.83 per serve
- Bell Pepper was $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Black Eyed Peas cost $1.19 or 30c per serve
- White wine adds 25c per serve
- Fire Roasted canned tomatoes were $2.39 or 60c per serve
- Add 60c for seasoning, onion and garlic.
A warming, filling stew that tasted pretty good for $5.08 per serve.