Because today if Foodie Philip’s birthday we had a ‘special’ lunch and dinner. For lunch it was Smoked Salmon, on Toast spread with Tzatziki Labné, and topped with Scrambled Eggs.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 33c per serve
- Two Pastured eggs are $1.02 per serve
- Tzatziki Labné adds 20c
- The Wild Caught Smoked Salmon was $9.99 or $4.50 per serve.
A very enjoyable celebratory lunch for $6.05 per serve.
Our tradition for Foodie Philip’s birthday has been to prepare a Prime Rib. Unable to find one, we substituted a Tomahawk Steak, which is a One Bone Prime Rib. We cooked it as a Prime Rib, not a steak, which was very successful.
- The Prime Rib was $35.39 and we ate most of it, or $17.70 per serve
- The Tabouli is $2.89 and we served half, or 72c per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- The Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used about ⅓, or 55c per serve
- Add 25c for other ingredients.
The meat turned out a perfect medium rare, which enable the fat to render. It was extremely tender and flavorsome. Although from Whole Foods it was every bit as good as our Keller Crafted meat delivery. All in all a great birthday meal for $20.47 per serve.
By way of comparison, a Tomahawk Steak at Ruth’s Chris Steak House is $126.00 without sides, or $63.00 per serve!