Having decided that Hummus and Tabouli really doesn’t work that well, we returned to the Sprouts on todays sandwiches.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Hummus was $3.99 and we used ¼ or 50c per serve
- The Old Croc is $4.99 and we shared half, or 63c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- The Sprouts are $2.99 and we use ¼ per sandwich, or 38c per serve
- Add 30c for Garlic Spread.
Two decent half sandwiches for $2.82 per serve.
We planned on cooking our Pork Cutlets in a Roa Marinara Sauce, but unfortunately we got a broken jar. As soon as the lid was opened, the bottom dropped out and spread all over the Range cooktop. Fortunately we have a flat ceramic cooktop so it was reasonably easy to clean.
We the started over with a can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Tomato Paste and a generous serve of Worcestershire Sauce, which turned out pretty well.
- At 1.1 lb it was a very generous serve of pork cutlets costing $13.99 or $7.00 per serve
- The Cauliflower Gnocchi was $2.69 and we used half, or 67c per serve
- Fire roast tomatoes are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Tomato Paste and Worcestershire Sauce add 30c per serve.
A meal that started as a bit of a disaster turned out pretty well, although it’s hard to not overcook the thin Cutlets. We think next time we’ll souse vidé the pork and pour over sauce. Still, a good meal for $8.97 per serve.