A cold day turned us toward toasted sandwiches, so we opened a can of Giant Baked Beans, added a slice of Swiss and toasted until delicious.
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve.
A classic (Australian) sandwich for $2.00 per serve.
We had the White Bean Chili in November, but done with Pork. Tonight we used Ground Turkey with the chicken recipe, slightly modified. We’ll get six good serves out of this batch.
- The ground pork was $3.99 or 67c per serve
- The bone broth was $2.99 for one pint, or 50c per serve
- White beans are 99c a can or 33c per serve
- The jalapeño chili was 11c or 2c per serve
- The Sweet Onion was $1.49 for five, or 5c per serve
- Add 5 for garlic
- Frozen corn was $1.29 for the pack, and and we used 1/4, or 5c per serve
- Add 25c per serve for seasoning, lime juice, labné and crushed tostadas.
A pretty good chili, although a little looser than we’d like for a chili, for $1.92 per serve.