Today we shared two simple sandwiches. One with Peanut Butter & Swiss; the other Sweet & Spicy Tuna & Swiss.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Sweet & Spicy Tuna is 50c per serve
- The Swiss is 34c per serve
- Peanut Butter adds 35c per serve.
The Peanut Butter & Swiss turned out better than expected, although both were good for $1.85 per serve.
We returned to the Hot and Sour Beef Salad but the weather wasn’t conducive to grilling outdoors, so we seared it in hour high tech wok, which gets a great crust. We then marinated and served on a bed of Greens, Mint and Sugar Snap Peas.
- The 10 oz Dry Aged Rib Eye is $8.10 per serve
- The Salad Greens mix was $1.99 but we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Limes were 49c for two but we shared one, or 13c per serve
- The Mint was from our garden
- Sugar Snap peas were $3.49 but we used ¼ or 44c per serve
- Instead of a Chili we used some Sambal Ulec, which adds 20c per serve.
We really enjoyed this salad. The slight heat in the dressing lifted both steak and salad to another level. The Sugar Snap Peas were a tasty addition to the greens. An excellent meal for $9.37 per serve.