Since we still had White Chili left, and since they turned out so well last time, we made Nachos again.
- The Corn Chips were $1.99 and we used about ⅓, or 33c per serve
- The Creamy Corn and Chorizo Chili was $2.89 per serve, but we used only half a serve each, or $1.45 per serve
- The Quesadilla Cheese was $2.69 and we used ¼ or 34c per serve.
A nice variation on lunch that turned out to be pretty tasty for $2.12 per serve.
A Pork But in our meat box usually means Pulled Pork, but this time Foodie Greg wanted to try Cuban-Style Roast Pork. That’s the Roast Pork you’d get in a Cubano Sandwich. We served with Cuban Black Beans and Brown Rice.
- The Pork Butt was around $18.50 or $6.17 per serve
- Pickled Onions (prepared separately) add about 30c per serve
- Navel Oranges were $3.83 or $1.28 per serve
- Limes were $2.45 or 82c per serve
- Add 50c for the canned Cuban Beans
- Add 33c for Brown Rice.
The Pork was marinated for about 22 hours, then slow cooked to temperature. It was excellent. Tender with an overtone of citrus. The sauce was well balanced with the meat, and amplified the citrus and garlic of the marinade. It was so good, it’s our new preferred use for Pork But, for $9.40 per serve.