Today’s toasted sandwiches were Sweet & Spicy Tuna with Swiss, Turkey Breast, Kumato & Swiss, which were satisfying.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is (now) 77c per serve
- A slice of Swiss is 34c
- The Smoked Turkey Breast is 29c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- Sweet and Spicy Tuna is 50c per serve.
Who doesn’t love a toasted sandwich for $2.25 per serve.
We’ve enjoyed the Marinated Skirt Steak at The Country Deli, which is claimed to be a Romanian recipe, that we decided to try our hand at it when Skirt Steak turned up in our meat box this month.
- The meat is approximately $4.15 per serve
- Add 60c for Marinade ingredients
- The farrow was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ⅓ or 30c per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.99 and we used half, or 75c per serve
- Frozen peas are $1.29 per pack and we used half, or 33c per serve.
While perhaps not quite as good as The Country Deli, the Skirt Steak was very good. It has great beefy flavor and smokey overtones from the Smoked Paprika we used. A very tasty and satisfying meal for $6.13 per serve.