For lunch we each had a Smokey Cheddar and Apple sandwich.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 77c per serve
- The Old Crock Smokey Cheddar was $5.95 or 75c per serve
- The Fuji Apple was 36c and each had ¼, or 9c per serve
- Add 20c for Garlic Spread.
A very nice balance of smokey, sweet and tart for $1.81 per serve.
Tonight we decided to revisit the Cuban Picadillo from a few weeks ago, but without the potato. Tonight we served with Brown Rice with Beans stirred in.
- We only used one pound of Ground Beef for $8.25 or $1.37 per serve
- White Wine adds 20c per serve
- Tomato Paste is 89c and we used half, or 8c per serve
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes are $1.69 or 28c per serve
- Raisins cost 58c or 10c per serve
- The Bell Pepper was 99c or 17c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Add 40c per serve for onion, garlic, oil and seasoning
- Brown Rice is 33c per serve
- Beans add 30c per serve.
It was definitely better without the potato, and having a balancing “side” worked better. Quite enjoyable, and a little different, for $3.67 per serve.