We returned to the Shin Noodle Bowls from Aldi for lunch. A pack of four was $3.69 or 93c per serve, which proved to be quite generous and a satisfying – if spicy hot – meal.
Since we received another Pork Shoulder we revisited the Cuban-Style Roast Pork with Mojo Sauce. The Black Beans made four serves.
- The Pork Butt was around $18.50 or $4.62 per serve
- Navel Oranges were $3.83 or 96c per serve
- Limes were $2.45 or 62c per serve
- Black Beans were $2.45 and we shared ¼, or 15c per serve
- Add 40c for other ingredients for the Beans
- Plantain Chips add 30c per serve.
This is now officially our favorite way to use our Pork Butt. Our home-made Cuban Black Beans tasted way better than canned. A really good meal for $7.05 per serve.