An experiment with reproducing an Egg-in-the-hole as a Bagel, because Bagels already have holes!
- The Brioche Bagels are $2.89 for five, or 58c per serve
- Large Eggs are 21c each, or an average of 42c per serve.
The combination worked well, but we decided the Bagel needed to be toasted first. Not bad for $1.00 per serve.
We had an additional Ham from Aldi when it was on special before Easter, that we sous vide instead of baking as that’s been so good in the past.
Served with an excellent German Style Potato Salad. Unfortunately, no image because there was no card in the camera!
- The 10 lb Ham was only $4.99 net, which is about 27c per serve
- The Potato were $2.69 and we used about ½ or 68c per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used three of 10 slices, or 75c per serve
- Onion and Seasoning add 45c per serve.
The Ham was excellent and the Potato Salad surprisingly good. An excellent meal for $2.15 per serve.