For lunch we picked up Heuvos Rancheros for $10.00 per serve with tax and tip.
A new recipe in our Meatless Monday quest: Tempe Satay with Peanut
- The three grain tempeh is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Limes (for juice and zest) were 33c or 16c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- Add 50c for Marinade and Sauce ingredients
- The cabbage was 38c, or 13c per serve
- Add 5c for carrot.
The Tempe was best where it was a little charred, so we’ll likely cook it more in the future. Overall, this was the best Tempe dish we’ve attempted and cost only $2.38 per serve.