Since we had such a good experience with Mr Fish & Chips in Simi Valley, we combined a shopping trip with a smaller serve! The estimate and delivery time were spot on, so we had the freshest possible start for the trip home. Thanks to vented containers (and extra crispy fries) the meal was uncompromised.
We purchased some extra Coleslaw and had about half for lunch.
- One serve of Fish & Chips was $4.50 each
- A pint of Coleslaw is $4.50 and we used half, or $1.13 each.
Still a generous serve when shared, this is a good and inexpensive take out for $5.63 per serve.
Tonight’s “Thursday Night Steak Night” is a Bone-in Pork Loin Chop, that we sous vidé to a perfect medium rare, then seared for a little color and crust.
We served with an Apple Cheddar Salad on a bed of greens.
- The Pork Chops were about $9.70 per 10oz serve
- The mixed greens are 35c per serve
- The Apple was $1.38 or 35c per serve
- We used about 1/6 of the $5.75 Caramelized Onion Cheddar, or 48c per serve
- Add 30c for seasoning.
As always (now) the Pork Loin Chop was perfect! The salad made a good balance and an excellent meal for $11.18 per serve.