Giant Baked Beans on Italian Bread topped with Smokey Cheddar made a great lunch.
- Italian Bread is 22c per serve
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Slice Smokey Cheddar is 34c per slice or 68c per serve.
A pretty tasty lunch for $1.90 per serve
Tonight’s dinner was a return to the Soutzoukakia with Australian Lamb, served with a Feta, Olive and Endive Salad. We get three full serves from the Soutzoukakia recipe.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- Belgian Endive was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve.
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 92c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used 1/3, or 75c per serve.
A very tasty meal for $6.40 per serve.