We experimented with a Smoked Trout Bagel in the style of a Smoke Salmon Bagel, with Cream Cheese, Capers, Semi-dried Tomatoes & Shallots on a Brioche Bagel.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 20c for Neufchatel
- Add 40c for Shallot and Capers
- Add 30c for Semi-dried Tomato.
We felt this worked as an alternative to Smoked Salmon for $3.28 per serve.
We enjoyed the Spanish Mussels with Chorizo and Tomato-Wine Sauce so we had it again, without the Heavy Cream. We served with toasted Italian Bread liberally spread with Garlic Spread for an amped up Garlic Toast.
- The pre-cooked Mussels were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Sherry adds 58c per serve
- The Chorizo was $5.11 after all discounts and we used half, or $1.28 per serve
- Add 85c for other ingredients
- The Italian Bread is 22c per serve
- The Garlic Spread adds 60c per serve.
We substituted Sherry for White Wine, which added a pleasant, but subtle, sweetness to the dish. As last time, very tasty for $4.68 per serve. The Garlic Toast was an excellent sop for the flavorsome broth.