There’s nothing simple about a Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwich because when it’s done right, it’s sublime.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Uncured Bacon was $5.99 for 10 slices, and we shared three, or 75c per serve
- Butter Lettuce adds 25c per serve
- Semi-dried Tomatoes add 40c per serve.
Perhaps not sublime, but very tasty for $2.14 per serve.
After more than a year without it, we returned to a Winter favorite: Frogmore Stew. Think southern boil with shrimp, corn, etc, but where the stewing liquid is turned into a sauce by adding Butter.
- Leaks cost $1.08 and we used half, or 14c per serve
- The can of diced tomatoes cost 99c or 25c per serve
- Vegetarian Fish Stock was $2.51 or 63c per serve
- A cup of white wine is about 80c or 20c per serve
- The corn cost $2.25 or 56c per serve
- Andouille sausage cost $4.99 or $1.25 per serve
- 1 lb of shrimp is $10.99, or $2.75 per serve
- Other ingredients add another 25c per serve
- We served with the remaining Italian Bread for 10c per serve.
For a simple boil, this has great depth of flavor, mostly thanks to the Old Bay, for $6.13 per serve.