We riffed on a Tuna Melt, swapping in a Smoked Trout Salad instead of Tuna.
- The Seedtastic Bread is 37c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread
- Add 20c for Celery and Capers.
The Smoked Trout has a lot more flavor than Tuna and made a very good sandwich for $2.72 per serve.
The last minute abandonment of the Bento Box left us with 4oz of Ahi Tuna, so Foodie Greg put together a Seared Tuna Tataki Rice Bowl with Avocado and Asian Slaw with a dressing made from Ponzu and Sesame Oil.
- The Ahi Tuna is $1.20 per serve
- We shared a 79c Avocado, or 40c per serve
- The Coleslaw Mix adds 30c per serve
- Brown Rice adds 34c per serve
- Add 40c for Dressing ingredients.
A very satisfying meal for $2.64 per serve. Although the Trader Joe’s Ahi Tuna lacks the Watermelon color of the Aldi, we both though it was more tender and lacked the connective tissue that plagues the Aldi Ahi Tuna.