We shared a Bistro Style Mushroom Flatbread that was a special buy at Aldi for $2.1o per serve. We bother liked it a lot, but as a special buy, there are no more.
A return to Foodie Greg’s favorite Meatloaf: Red Wine and Mushroom. Tonight we served with Baked Japanese Sweet Potato topped with Sour Cream and Onion Sprouts.
- The grass fed Ground Beef was from Aldi for $5.49 per pound, or 92c per serve
- Baby Bella mushrooms were $1.99 or 34c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 5c per serve
- Two medium eggs are 64c or 11c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 25c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 13c per serve
- Add 10c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The Murasaki Sweet Potato was $3.99 for 10, or 40c per serve
- The Sour Cream was $2.99 and we used a tiny amount, or about 15c per serve
- Add 15c for Onion Sprouts.
This is always a very tasty meal. The Japanese Sweet Potato is nowhere near as sweet as the orange US variety, which we prefer. A very good meal for $2.60 per serve.