Our lunch was the remaining Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf, heated and stuffed into a hot Panini Roll with Gouda, Lettuce and Beetroot Slices.
- The Panini Roll is 63c per serve
- Gouda adds 34c per serve
- Lettuce adds 20c per serve
- The Meatloaf is $1.92 per serve
- The can of Beetroot was $1.20 and we used about ⅓ , or 20c per serve.
We both got hints of Australian-style Hamburgers that always come with sliced Beetroot (usually pickled), and a lot of flavor for $3.29 per serve.
This week’s Fishy Friday is a return to Smoked Trout Chowder, which makes four serves.
- The Smoked Trout was $8.72 after all discounts, or $2.18 per serve
- Potatoes add 34c per serve
- Garlic and Scallions add 15c per serve
- Chicken Bone Broth adds 50c per serve
- Wine adds 13c per serve
- Grass fed Half & Half is $3.79 per pint and we used ¼, or 24c per serve
- Add 20c for other soup ingredients
- Add 29c for half a Brioche Bagel.
An excellent, warming soup for $4.03 per serve.