Because it was both a Sunday and the day after Christmas, we put a little more effort into an “English” style breakfast for brunch.
- Italian Bread adds 32c per serve
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 38c each, or 76c per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used five of 10 slices, or $1.25 per serve
- The Cherry Tomatoes add 36c per serve.
The charred Cherry Tomatoes added a nice pop of freshness to the meal. Most enjoyable for $3.69 per serve.
Tonight’s thick cut Pork Chops came from Whole Foods and we sous vide them to a perfect medium rare, then seared in brown Butter to give some color, and served with a Waldorf Salad.
- The very generous serve of Pork Chops was $7.06 after all discounts, or $3.53 per serve
- Two sticks of Celery add 10c per serve
- Apple adds 34c per serve
- Toasted Slivered Almonds add 28c per serve
- Add 30c for Dressing ingredients.
We really like cooking Pork sous vide because we can dial in the perfect “cook” temperature for medium rare. Of course sous vide does no browning, so a quick sear in Brown Butter gives it a golden gleam. Served with a Waldorf Salad it was a great meal for $4.56 per serve.