We did a simple Salad Sandwich between toasted Bread slathered with Garlic Spread on one side and Hummus on the other.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 40c per serve
- Hummus adds 42c per serve
- Salad ingredients add 40c per serve.
The Garlic/Hummus combination worked way better than expected for a very flavorsome sandwich for $1.96 per serve.
Foodie Greg’s favorite Meatloaf: Red Wine and Mushroom. Tonight we served with a Sweet Potato Tray Bake with Onion, Garlic Cloves and Bell Peppers.
- The grass fed Ground Beef was from Aldi for $5.49 per pound, or 92c per serve
- Baby Bella mushrooms were $1.99 or 34c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 5c per serve
- Two medium eggs are 64c or 11c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 25c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 13c per serve
- Add 10c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The Murasaki Sweet Potato was $3.99 for 10, or 40c per serve
- Onion and Garlic add 10c per serve
- Bell Peppers add 32c per serve.
While it’s very tasty, the Meatloaf is hard to photograph, but the combination of flavors is very appealing. The Tray Bake is a good Winter side, and contributes to a very enjoyable meal for $3.04 per serve.