The weather took a cold turn, so we turned to Trader Joe’s Spanakopita for $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
It has been a while, but tonight we returned to our savory cake: the Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice. I told the story of how it became known as Hebrew Temptation earlier and the recipe is there too. It makes four generous serves.
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used five, or 73c per serve
- Five pastured eggs at 48c each is $2.40 or 60c per serve
- A small bag of organic flour is $2.69 and we used about 1/3 or 23c per serve
- Precut Butternut Squash was $1.79 and we used half, or about 45c per serve
- The Smoked Gouda was $2.99 or 75c per serve.
- An onion adds 8c per serve
- The side Salad adds 60c per serve.
There was slightly less Squash in the precut pack, so the serve was a little more dense, but still within acceptable range for a rather dense cake. We filled out the meal with a simple Salad. A very tasty meal for $4.09 per serve.