We had a mixed lunch of frozen Spring Rolls and a Ciabatta Roll with Butter.
- The Spring Rolls were $4.29 or $2.15 per serve
- The Ciabatta Roll is 58c per serve
- Butter adds 40c per serve.
The Spring Rolls were a ‘nice try,’ but there’s nothing that compares to deep frying. Still a quite filling meal for $3.08 per serve.
On of our rare treats from Trader Joe’s is their cooked Pork Belly. Tonight we sliced and seared to reheat, then served with Butter Sautéed Cabbage with Sauerkraut and a Pearl Couscous Mix.
- The Pork Belly is $6.49 or $3.25 per serve
- The Harvest Grains blend is $2.99 and we used about ¼, or 38c per serve
- Cabbage (Coleslaw Mix) adds about 40c per serve
- Sauerkraut add 45c per serve.
The Pork Belly was tender and flavorful and an easy cook. The Harvest Grains blend was a little odd with a hint of Boba (tea)! The Cabbage/Sauerkraut Mix worked well and complemented the other parts of the meal nicely. A tasty and enjoyable meal for $4.48 per serve.