Lunch was a simple Ham Salad Sandwich on toasted bread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Breakfast Ham is 60c per serve
- Add 40c for Salad ingredients.
A decent sandwich for $1.74 per serve.
To go with our Tikka Masala Sauce we purchased some boneless Chicken Thighs, cubed them and marinated them in plain Yoghurt and the included (with the Sauce) Spices.
- The Chicken Thighs were $8.39 or $4.20 per serve
- The Masala Sauce was $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Brown Rice adds 34c per serve
- Peas add 30c per serve
- Add 70c for Tomatoes, Shallot and Yoghurt for Marinade and Dressing.
The Tomato Salad was exceptionally good, while the Masala Sauce was tasty with a creeping heat that caught us both by surprise. Providing the Spices for a Marinade was a good move, and definitely improved the dish. The Chicken was Chicken, and it’s hard to get excited about it. Overall, a tasty and enjoyable meal for $6.79 per (very generous) serve.