We made a simple lunch of Deli Ham wrapped around cold Mashed Potato. An echo of Foodie Philip’s childhood birthday parties, it’s way better than it sounds!
- Ham adds about 60c per serve
- Mashed Potato adds about 43c per serve.
A surprisingly tasty meal for $1.03 per serve
Even with a reduced amount of Tuna – to bring the components into balance – a Tuna Tataki Rice Bowl is a very satisfying meal.
- Twelve ounces of Ahi Tuna from Aldi is $5.62, and we shared ⅔, or $1.88 per serve
- Black Rice adds 34c per serve
- The Avocado was$1.29c or 75c per serve
- Add 20c for ¼ Cucumber per serve
- Add 20c for Lettuce per serve.
One of the nice things about a Rice Bowl is that there are multiple different textures and tastes to be experienced individually, or together in varying combinations. Add excellent ingredients and you have a very good meal for $3.37 per serve.
As for the picture – I’m still working out how to get the best results from an iPhone 12 with a tendency to overexpose by about two stops!