We’ve definitely cracked the formula for an Aussie Sausage Roll, as ours are the best ever; way better than commercial offerings in Australia, for $3.10 plus 40c for the Salad: $3.50 per serve.
Tonight we tried a new recipe: One Pot Beef Stroganoff, although we had our doubts about some of the methodology going in. We used half of the Meat, Mushroom, Onion and Garlic mix for this dish and kept half for another time.
- The Mushrooms were $2.79 or 70c per serve
- Ground beef $5.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Onion and Garlic add 10c per serve
- The Pasta was $1.89 and we used half, or 48c per serve
- Sour Cream adds 60c per serve
- Add 40c for Paprika and other Spices.
Unfortunately, all one-pot meals have the same issue: every bite is the same. Despite that, this came together better than expected and was quite tasty for $3.28 per serve.