Today’s lunch deviated to old fashioned, Tasmanian children’s party food! When Foodie Philip was young, a party food was Mashed Potato wrapped in Devon (processed meat). We added some sliced Shallot for a little texture and for a flavor hit.
- Prepared Mashed Potato is $3.64 and we shared ¼, or 49c per serve
- The Deli Ham was $3.79 and we shared ¼, or 48c per serve
- Add 5c for peeled Shallot
- Mint came from our garden.
A tasty, and quite inexpensive meal for $1.02 per serve.
A favorite meal is one based on the Caramelized Ginger Pork, which usually brings two meals. The first was served on blanched Bean Sprouts, with Cherry Tomatoes and diced Cucumber.
- The ground pork was $6.99 and we’ll get four serves from that, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 50c for ginger, shallot, garlic and chili, etc
- Add 60c for Cherry Tomatoes
- The Cucumber was $1.37 and we used ¼, or 35c per serve
- The Bean Sprouts were $1.59 and we shared half, or 40c per serve.
Always a tasty meal – it’s the Fish Sauce – for $3.85 per serve.