For lunch we shared a Tarte Au Brie Et Aux Tomatoes, for $4.29 or $2.15 per serve.
Foodie Greg wanted to experiment with a Japanese version of a Hamburg Steak – Hambāgu – with it’s own Sauce, served with Mushroom Brown Rice. We will get four serves from the meat.
- Ground beef was$5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- A Pastured Egg is 50c or 12c per serve
- Cream Cheese adds 11c per serve
- The Shallot is 6c per serve
- Ketchup adds 40c per serve
- Add 17c for Red Wine
- Add 20c for other Sauce Ingredients
- Add 34c for Brown Rice
- The Mushrooms add 89c per serve.
The Hambāgu is very moist and light in texture and the Sauce was tasty. We didn’t eat a lot of the Mushroom Brown Rice, because of the texture. Overall, a quite tasty meal for $4.17 per serve.