In the absence of any other suggestions we repeated our favorite Panini with Speck and Arugula.
- The Speck was $3.99, or $2.00 per serve
- The Ciabatta is 58c per serve
- Arugula adds 40c per serve
- Olive Oil adds 30c per serve.
Always a great sandwich for $3.28 per serve.
It was Foodie Philip’s birthday and we continued the tradition of a ‘Prime Rib,’ which we do with a Tomahawk Steak. The Steak was cooked in the reverse sear method where the low temperature cook brings the level of doneness required, than a hard sear at the end give the color.
- The Tomahawk Steak was $55.83, and we used about ⅓, or $9.30 per serve
- The Tabouli was $2.99 and we used about half, or 75c per serve
- Add 30c for Cherry Tomatoes we added
- The Mushrooms were $2.79 and we ate about ⅔, or 93c per serve
- Add 40c per serve for Butter and Garlic.
A most enjoyable meal with a perfectly medium rare Steak and great sides. Truly a birthday dinner for $11.05 per serve. In a Steakhouse it would be closer to $60 per serve!