A return to one of our regular lunch meals: store bought, roast chicken breast wraps.
- Today’s chicken was $6.99 and I divide it by 4 for $1.75 a serve for two breasts and two legs. For lunch a breast was divided for 87c each serve.
- Hummus adds around 30c;
- Tabouli salad 79c a serve
- A flatbread is 50c.
Today’s lunch wrap cost us $2.46 a serve.
- The chicken legs (thigh and drumstick) are from the roast chicken , so $1.75 a serve
Tonight’s roasted cauliflower recipe comes from Rouxbe.com – one of my favorite cooking school sites. Roasting cauliflower completely changes the flavor and texture. It was really good.
- Just over 1 lb of cauliflower cost $2.13 and we used it all over two serves: $1.07 each.
- The arugula, meyer lemon, capers (a Greg addition to the recipe), and seasonings might run 75c per serve.
Total cost for dinner: $3.57 per serve.