Wild caught smoked salmon on an English muffin with cream cheese. Because it’s a 4 oz pack, it’s a generous serve of smoked salmon each.
- Smoked salmon – normally $6.99 but Greg bought it for $5.99 on special or $3.00 a serve
- The English muffin is 50c a serve
- Cream cheese is about 60c a serve.
Lunch today was $4.10 a serve.
Something else was planned, but we ended up spending more time than expected finding a flooring contractor, and went for leftovers instead. Two serves of the red beans and rice, with a fried egg on top.
- Onion, oil and garlic and seasonings about 15c per serve
- Each can of organic beans was 99c and we used three, or 50c per serve
- We used then other pack of andouille sausage from Greg’s double purchase: $4.40 or 73c a serve
- Chicken broth $2.29 or 38c a serve
- The rice: 33c a serve
- One organic egg, 50c a serve.
Tonight’s quick dinner – the slowest part was cooking the rice – cost us $2.59 each serve. I’d have liked an extra egg, but we only had two to share between us!