Lunch today was courtesy of Adobe at a Deadpool reception, screening and panel. Best was the curry chicken sandwich fingers.
Lunch was free.
Beef sirloin tip with ‘new classic’ Caesar salad. Steak and salad is a cliche, but there’s a reason combinations become a cliche: they work.
Besides, we’re leaving Avalon Burbank shortly and we need to take advantage of the grills while we have access to them!
- The steak was $6.02 from our monthly meat box, or $3.01 per serve.
- A pastured egg is 50c or 25c per serve.
- Seasonings (except anchovies, which we were out of, damn it) ran about 25c per serve
- An organic lettuce cost $1.99 or $1 a serve
- The packet of parmesan cost $6.99 but we used about 1/4 for this salad, or 88c per serve.
- The chibatta for the home-made croutons was $1.99 or $1 a serve.
Our steak and salad meal cost $6.39 per serve.