We were going to have our usual chicken wrap but ended up substituting a wholemeal roll instead.
- Chicken 88c a serve
- One quarter of the $2.74 salad is 60c
- The roll was 33c
- Add some hummus at 30c
Lunch today cost $2.11
Tonight’s meal was Bacon and Black Bean Chili. We doubled up on the beans. This is an amazingly good chili.
- Bacon ends cost $4.99 for the container, but this recipe used about 1/2 of that, or 63c per serve
- Onion and garlic – about 5c a serve
- The beef we used is expensive – pasture raised, dry aged ground beef from our monthly meat delivery – at $9.08 or $2.27 a serve
- Spices – about 10c a serve
- Diced fire roasted tomatoes are $2.19 the can, or 55c per serve
- Tomato paste was 89c or 22c a serve
- The beans were 99c a can, or 50c a serve
- Each serve got half the 99c Avocado or 50c per serve
- Cheese was 55c per serve
- Labne – 20c per serve
All up dinner cost us $5.57 for a very filling serve.