Since shopping needed to be done, and we have less and less in our apartment each day, we opted for supermarket sushi for lunch again today.
Today’s sushi cost $12.78 or $6.39 a serve.
On tonight’s menu is a new recipe: Asian Peanut Noodles. We dropped the cilantro, carrot and sugar. Greg chose ponzu over soy because of it’s citrus overtones. We found the recipe made three serves.
It’s a really tasty salad. The crisp fresh vegetables offset the slight cloyiness of the peanut butter based dressing. In hindsight it needed the fresh lime juice for a little more acid, and we probably should have substituted mint for the cilantro.
- The stir fry noodles were $3.79 and we used the whole packet or $1.27 a serve
- The peanut butter was $3.99 and we used about 1/3 in the recipe or 44c a serve
- Our ginger came free from a friend clearing her pantry before leaving town for an extended period.
- The bell pepper was $1.49 or 50c a serve
- The cucumber was 46c or 15c per serve
- Scallions (spring onions) were $1.29 or 43c a serve
- Add 25c a serve for the seasonings
Dinner tonight cost $3.04 a serve.