To remind ourselves of our brief visit to a little French village last September, and because we can get a decent baguette from Jons, today was a picnic style lunch. Rounds of baguette with either liverwurst or cheese and tomato as the topping.
- Baguette $2.69 and we had about 2/3 for lunch or 90c per serve
- The liverwurst was $3.17 and again we had about 2/3 for lunch between us or $1.05 per serve
- We pretty much used the entire 74c tomato or 37c per serve
- The Irish cheddar was $3.99 and we used about half at lunch or $1 a serve.
Lunch today cost $3.32 per serve.
Tonight we had a repeat of the Lemon Chicken Orzo soup made with two chicken breasts from this week’s chicken and chopped vermicelli instead of orzo.
- Although the chicken came from Jons not Sprouts, it was still $6.99 or $1.75 per quarter. We used two quarters so $1.75 per serve
- Carrots cost 25c or 8c per serve
- Celery, thyme, oil and garlic adds 20c per serve
- Chicken broth cost 40c per serve
- The vermicelli works out at about 30c per serve
- Add in 15 c for the other seasonings, etc.
- Served with a little of the baguette 30c per serve
Dinner tonight was $3.18 per serve and we have two additional serves cooked and ready.