For lunch we decided to head for Jons up the freeway in Simi Valley to get one of their baguettes, cheddar cheese and liverwurst.
- The Jon’s baguette – fresh from the oven in the store – was $2.69 but we only shared half today or 67c per serve
- The full liverwurst pack is $3.20 but we had under 1/4 each or 80c per serve
- 8 oz of cheese is $5.88 from Sprouts but we used around 1/4 or 74c per serve.
- The sauerkraut was $6.99 for 18 oz or 44c per serve
Lunch today cost $2.65.
It’s a tradition that we have corned beef, boiled potatoes and boiled cabbage for foodie Greg’s birthday, so that’s what we did.
- The 3 lb corned beef round was $28.59 but we served half, or $7.13 per serve – that’s for double the typical restaurant serve
- Two onions add 12c per serve
- The cabbage was 67c but we served half, or 17c per serve
- The potatoes were 45c per serve
Dinner tonight cost us $7.87 for a very generous serve.