An Everything bagel with wild caught smoked salmon and avocado.
- The bagel was 79c each
- An avocado is 99c or 50c per serve
- The wild caught smoked salmon is $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
Lunch today cost $4.39 per serve.
We last had cioppino on January 13. It’s a simple seafood stew that’s extremely tasty, but also very easy to make.
We cooked the base and then added shrimp, mussels and cod for tonight’s meal. They were extracted from the stew and served with a generous amount of the broth. The balance of the broth mix will be used to cook up some more seafood later.
- Olive oil – less than 3c serve
- Fennel bulb at $2 makes for 33c serve
- Onion at 50c makes it 9c a serve
- Four large garlic cloves are about 1/4 of the 50c garlic – 7c serve
- Tomato paste 90c can but only half was used, for 8c serve
- Diced tomatoes in juice – $3.99 or 67c serve
- 1.5 cups dry white wine – about $1 or 16c serve
- 5 cups fish stock $6.20 or $1.03 serve
- 16 oz of White Wine and Garlic Mussels are $4.00 or $2.00 for each very generous serve
- For the firm fleshed fish, Greg used Kroger Wild Caught Pacific Cod. The 40 oz pack costs $16.89 but only 8 oz was used (two filets). $1.69 a serve.
- The pack of peeled, uncooked shrimp was $5.99 or $3 a serve
- Served with Simple Truth Ready to bake garlic bread – $2.50 for the loaf (on special). We used half or 63c per serve
Dinner tonight cost $9.78 a serve with a very generous amount of broth left to cook up the next meal. This dish, when it was still on the menu at Gordon Birsch coast just over $20 with tax and tip, but they serve exactly three mussels and three shrimp. We had very, very much more than that!