Being Burbank Monday, foodie Philip had an In and Out Burger Double Double.
- Double Double $4.03 including tax.
Roast Cauliflower with Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce seems like it should be a winner, but it was strangely disappointing. Pairing the sauce with the roast cauliflower was probably a bad choice: it would pair better with a fairly plain pasta.
We amped up the amount and type of mushroom, and dropped the cream because it was forgotten. There are four serves of the sauce, but only two of the cauliflower.
- The cauliflower was $1.61 or 80c per serve
- The brie was $5.84 but only half was used, or 73c per serve
- Sliced crimini mushrooms $2.29 or 58c per serve
- Shitake mushrooms (don’t use the stems) $2.99 or 75c per serve
- Add 20c for onion, garlic and herbs
- We only used a small amount of parmesan; about 15c per serve
Dinner tonight cost $3.21 per serve, but wasn’t our best dish to date. The cauliflower, which is delicious baked, conflicted with the cheesy mushroom sauce rather than complement it.