Finally we’ve found a local source for wraps for our lunch! Back to our routine of supermarket chicken and salad in a wrap.
- We chose a more expensive chicken, largely because all the $6.99 chickens were overcooked. Split four ways, the $9.99 chicken is $2.50 per serve, or $1.25 today.
- One quarter of the $2.74 salad is 69c
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
Lunch today: $2.77 per serve
Nigel Lawson’s watermelon, feta and black olive salad is absolutely amazing. It’s a summer regular and very, very good.
- At $4.99 the mini watermelon is more than enough for four serves, or $1.25 per serve
- Feta comes in a $6.99 tub and we used the balance, or about $1.00 per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 38c per serve
- The red onion is 52c or 13c per serve
- About $1 of the $1.29 pack of mint was used, or 25c per serve
- Olive oil and seasonings add another 20c per serve.
Dinner tonight (and tomorrow night) cost $3.21 per serve. It’s an excellent dish and every time we serve it for someone, they want the recipe.