Back to our chicken wraps.
- Split four ways, the $9.99 chicken is $2.50 per serve, or $1.25 today.
- One quarter of the $2.74 salad is 69c
- The flatbread is 50c
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
Lunch today: $2.77 per serve
Tonight we decided on a beef massaman curry based on the eggplant version of a few days ago. Like the eggplant version, this makes four serves.
Again our beef comes from out Prather Ranch monthly meat delivery. While this means we certainly pay more than minimum for our meat, we know we are supporting small farmers, and that the animals have a decent life instead of the concentrated farming operations that allow for the extremely cheap meat in the US.
- One pound of ‘Beef for Stew’ cost us $9.79 or $2.45 per serve
- Red potatoes – 38c or 9c per serve
- A can if coconut milk is $1.59 or 40c per serve
- The organic broccoli was $3.49 or 87c per serve
- The pack of peanuts was $3.29 but we only used 1/4 of the pack, or 41c per serve
- Add 15c for fish sauce and other seasonings
- The sprouted brown rice was 66c per serve
Dinner tonight cost us $4.94 per serve.